A person who is above the age of twenty five years on the date of application shall be eligible for admission as a member of the Club for all categories of membership.
Categories of Members :
- Permanent Members
- Sons/Daughters of Members
- Spouses of Deceased Members
- Senior Honorary Members
- Life Members
- Donor Members
- Honorary Members
- Institutional Members
- Long Term Temporary Members (Indian Nationals)
- Long Term Temporary Members (Non-Resident Indians/Foreign Nationals)
- Short Term Temporary Members
- Service Members
Permanent Members shall comprise of resident and non-resident members. Applications shall be considered for permanent membership in chronological order.
Sons/Daughters of Members
The Executive Committee shall admit for membership out of turn, son/daughter of members having a total membership of 15 years or more on the date of application or were members for 15 years or more before their demise, on payment of the prescribed entrance fee. In the event of a member having died earlier and the spouse having been given membership, the total duration of membership of both parents shall be counted to qualify for 15 years of membership.
Additional Sons/Daughters of Members
Additional sons/daughters of members shall be admitted for membership out of turn for every successive 10 years completion of total membership, either or of both parents as described above.
Spouses of Deceased Members
On the death of a permanent member, his/her spouse may apply for membership within a period of five years from the demise thereof; and they shall be admitted, out of turn and without payment of entrance fee and without going through the formality of ballot. They shall be given the same category of membership which the deceased spouse held.
Senior Honorary Members
Members having held membership continuously for 30 years and are over 65 years of age or members having held membership continuously for 25 years and are over 70 years of age, on option, shall be entitled to become Senior Honorary Members. Such Members shall be exempt from payment of monthly subscription and cover charges and shall enjoy all the privileges of a permanent member.
Any permanent member of the Club of 15 years good standing, on option and at the discretion of the Executive Committee, shall be accorded Life Membership on payment as follows :
- Permanent members above the age of 40 years and are below the age of 58 years: Rs.30,000.
- Permanent members above the age of 58 years: Rs.10,000.
They shall enjoy all privileges of a permanent member and shall be exempt from payment of the monthly subscription and cover charges.
Presently not available.
Persons of eminence may be invited with the approval of the Executive Committee to become Honorary Members without Ballot and without payment of entrance fee or subscription for a period to be determined by the Executive Committee. The tenure of membership in cases of persons holding an office of importance shall be co-terminus with the office so held.
- Any Institution desiring to become a Member of the Club shall apply in the prescribed form with the prescribed entrance fee.
- An Institution on approval may nominate one of its Directors or Senior Executives to use the facilities of the Club, provided such nominee is approved and accepted by the Executive Committee.
- An Institution may nominate two more Directors or Senior Executives to use the facilities of the Club on payment of additional entrance fee prescribed for each of them subject to approval by the Executive Committee.
- This Membership shall be for a period of 20 years, unless earlier terminated under any Rule. The Executive Committee shall consider renewal for a further period on such terms prevailing at that time.
- An Institutional Member or its nominees shall have no voting rights.
- In addition to the prescribed entrance fee, an Institution shall pay subscription and other payables to the Club at the same rate prescribed for a Permanent Member.
- An Institution and its nominees shall be subject to all the Rules of the Club.
- An Institution shall mean and include a Public or Private Limited Company or a Group of Companies incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, with a paid-up capital of not less than rupees one crore. Reserve Bank of India, Nationalised, schedule and any other Bank (other than NBFCs) governing under the Banking Regulations Act 1949, Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions, a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature with an annual turnover or gross receipts of rupees one crore.
- All Institutions shall furnish a certificate from a Chartered Accountant certifying the paid up capital, the annual turnover or gross receipts, latest Audited Balance Sheet and profit & loss account.
- In case of statutory bodies established by an act of Parliament or State Legislature shall furnish proof of certified gazette notification and audited financial statements.
- All prospective Institutions seeking Institutional membership of Century Club shall be Registered in chronological order with Club by payment of non refundable registration fee of Rs.5,000 plus applicable taxes or such other sum decided by the Executive Committee from time to time. The Executive Committee shall on verification of records of such prospective Institution select or reject the application.
- The word “Director” will mean and include the Executive or Non-Executive Director of the Company as reported to the Registrar of Companies (ROC), extract of which should be enclosed to the application.
The "Senior Executives" will mean and include the full time employees of the Company with designations like President, Vice President, Deputy President, Associate President/Vice President, Additional Vice President/Dy. President, COO/CEO/CFO/CE, General Manager and up to the level of Deputy General Manager (DGM).
For Government or Quasi Government Institutions, “Senior Executive” will also mean and include all Class I Officers (Gazetted Senior Grade).
Long Term Temporary Members (Indian Nationals)
- Class I officers of Government and Quasi Government, Senior Officers (Administrative or Technical or Executive) of any Industry, Factory, Company or Statutory Body, who by virtue of their duties are temporarily stationed in Bangalore and are liable for transfer, shall be eligible under this category.
- This membership shall be for a period of three years, renewable every year at the option of the member. If membership ceases at any time during this period, the member shall not be eligible for readmission under this category until after three years from the date of such cessation.
- They shall have all the privileges of members except attending and voting at General meetings and serving on any of the committees of the Club and/or proposing or seconding any candidates for membership.
Long Term Temporary Members (Non-Resident Indians/Foreign Nationals)
Persons temporarily employed in Bangalore in Government, Quasi Government, Government controlled concerns Multi-National Companies and in reputed companies are eligible under this category. They shall be recommended by the Head of the concern in which they are employed. The membership shall be for a period of two years. The monthly subscription, entrance fee and caution deposit payable shall be the same as payable by long term temporary members (Indian Nationals).
Short Term Temporary Members
They shall be proposed and seconded and approved by the Hon.Secretary, subject to ratification by the Executive Committee.
- This membership shall be for 90 days or three periods of thirty days each in a calendar year. Periods of shorter duration shall be reckoned as 30 days.
- A permanent resident of Bangalore shall not be eligible.
- They shall not have any privileges attached to the members of the Club except utilizing the facilities of the Club.
- They shall not have the privilege of credit.
- Commissioned Officers on the active roll of the armed forces or re-employed in the armed forces and/or retired Officers may opt for membership for the period of their stay in Bangalore but for not more than three years at a time. If membership ceases under this category, readmission may be sought not until three years from the date of cessation.
- They shall have all the privileges of a member except attending and voting at General Meetings and serving on any Committees of the Club or proposing or seconding candidates for membership.
- Active Service Members shall be recommended by the Commanding Officers of their respective units and shall be approved by the Hon.Secretary subject to ratification by the Executive Committee.
- Retired service officers shall be proposed and seconded as laid down in Rule 5.1.